Your "LP Tour" fantasy lineup

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
Educatrix
Caged Rat

Re: Your "LP Tour" fantasy lineup

Post by Educatrix »

Karlwerneth wrote:Interesting choices. The Pursuit of Happiness was a pleasant surprise : ) Mellon Collie would be wild and Pinkerton, also great. I don't know what I would choose...
Know where I found out about TPOH? Beavis and Butthead. I was maybe 13, saw a snippet of "Cigarette Dangles" and immediately knew I had to have that album. Had to special order it, but it was worth the agita.

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I heard of the Pursuit of Happiness on the Mickey Mouse Club, roughly a year or two before I got into SA and alternative rock.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

I think Moe Berg (the singer in TPOH) doesn't live too far from where I live in Toronto. Back in 1998 when Dave & Dan did a duo gig here I saw Moe go back stage around sound check. A nice guy he is. Their first album Love Junk is excellent as well as the second. I'm glad you guys know of them.

Yaz McBoo
Social Butterfly

Post by Yaz McBoo »

For SA I'd have to pick Horse. The other obvious one for me would be Pearl Jam/No Code. That's leaves two others... perhaps Mazzy Star/So Tonight That I MIght See, and Mark Lanegan/Scraps at Midnight, or Whiskey for the Holy Ghost. Or Wilco/Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Actually, Golden Smog Weird tales would be amazing.

just in the last couple of years I've seen:

Richard Thompson/Dream Attic
The Jayhawks/Hollywood Town Hall
Los Lobos/Kiko
Old 97s/Too Far To Care
The Who/Quadrophenia

Those last four make up quite a legendary combo too.