2013 Oct. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
ProudCrassFool
Stranger

2013 Oct. 19th - First Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Post by ProudCrassFool »

We get SA last! Set times: Evan Dando 8:00, FOA 8:45, Soul Asylum 10:30.

praukar
Runaway

Re: 10/19 First Ave

Post by praukar »

sweet! I hope they really shake up the set list tonight too. a lil brand new shine or promises broken would be sweet. looking forward to seeing dando as well

crawl
Social Butterfly

Post by crawl »

Wish I was there...I am there in spirit! 99 % was a real treat in Chicago! Wish we had SA last. Got a poster of SA and the duck they road in on :D :lol:

praukar
Runaway

Post by praukar »

another great show enjoyed by a full house. I never saw an actual playlist, but from memory it was pretty consistent with the songs they are pulling out on this tour. they opened with April fool (great opener), also played (out of order) 99%, and the gdu singles (shove, black gold, train, trace), just like anyone, misery, I did my best, all is well, I will still be laughing, when I ran off and left her, closer to the stars, gravity, the streets, into the light, the juice. encore was its a shame about ray w/ dando, and stand up and be strong.

band was full of energy, and having fun. Dave was pretty talkative, giving a shout out to first ave personnel, and then commenting how most clubs aren't like first ave, and "put the cunt in country"....not sure what clubs he was referencing, but must be some frustrations from tour.

Evan dando sounded fantastic, I was impressed with his 30 minute solo set.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

praukar wrote:sweet! I hope they really shake up the set list tonight too. a lil brand new shine or promises broken would be sweet

umm, hate to burst your bubble, but Promises Broken is a Danny song and I don't think we will ever hear that one again. You do know that Danny is no longer in the band, right ??
:?:
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

praukar
Runaway

Post by praukar »

lol, yeah I'm aware. I can still hope that they would play it.....I mean Vic chestnut was never in the band as far as I'm aware, and they played "when I ran off and left her"

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

well the difference there is one is a cover song, of which they do a lot of those, versus playing a song an ex member penned.
There's a bit of a difference there IMO. It's rather unfortunate that we'll never hear Cartoon again....

Anyway, good show though! It was great to see all the regulars (and non regulars) of course! Who's going to post a set list??

ProudCrassFool
Stranger

Post by ProudCrassFool »

praukar wrote:they opened with April fool (great opener), also played (out of order) 99%, and the gdu singles (shove, black gold, train, trace), just like anyone, misery, I did my best, all is well, I will still be laughing, when I ran off and left her, closer to the stars, gravity, the streets, into the light, the juice. encore was its a shame about ray w/ dando, and stand up and be strong.
And Whatcha Need (chicken shack changed to shotgun shack)

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

praukar wrote:I never saw an actual playlist, but from memory it was pretty consistent with the they opened with April fool (great opener), also played (out of order) 99%, and the gdu singles (shove, black gold, train, trace), just like anyone, misery, I did my best, all is well, I will still be laughing, when I ran off and left her, closer to the stars, gravity, the streets, into the light, the juice. encore was its a shame about ray w/ dando, and stand up and be strong.
Guess I didn't see the "not quite in order" set list, but I don't remember hearing All is Well that night