2015 June 7th - House of Blues, Chicago, IL (Yahoo! stream)

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Re: 2015 June 7th - House of Blues, Chicago, IL (Yahoo! stre

Post by EasyStreet »

but, maybe she has an android phone (no camera roll on that OS)?
:D
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

LittleTooClean
Social Butterfly

Post by LittleTooClean »

So......
If I had to compare this show and the opening night of the tour at First Ave in Minneapolis, this one was much better.
First nights of tours can often have issues, this one sure did.
Dave possibly being sick, not singing sometimes during the songs or messing up the lyrics.
Justin's guitar not being loud enough in the mix did not help either.
It was a great time selling merch for Kill Kancer at First Avenue with Mary Beth

Chicago - Great Show!!
Justin's guitar was screaming, no issues with volume this time.
Dave sounded great and the band looked like they were having fun.
Kinda funny during 'Whatcha Need" when Dave & Micheal chat with each other, Michael thought since it was a webcast, Dave should stay away from his joke telling.
Also before "Without A Trace" when Dave starts talking about "Karl in his full glory" That was Scot who was wearing his Karl Soul Asylum shirt in the front row.
Always fun meeting up with everyone before, during and after the shows. Wish it happened more!!

The Webcast.
Being a Soul Asylum fan for decades, this was something VERY different from the old days.
Hell I came home after the show and re-watched some of the show I was just at. Now that's odd to begin with, but for Soul Asylum, it was extra crazy!!!
At the time I took a few screen shots as I watched it on my phone!!!???
The next day I tried everything I could to record the webcast but had no luck.

Being a collector of music in general, I have a few different outlets to find things like this.
So I check around and Bam... there it was!!!
After I got it in it's original form, it was in some real funky file type that I could not transfer.
I could however load it on to YouTube knowing they can convert all different file types.
That worked great until Yahoo hit me with a copyright issue and took it down :cry:

But....that will not stop me from sharing it to SA fans :D
I converted the file to a WMV file type and it's still is a large file, but all you now have to do is download the file and burn a DVD
https://www.sendspace.com/folder/alin3m
Attachments
IMG_5520.PNG
IMG_5520.PNG (1001.35 KiB) Viewed 19726 times
IMG_5487.PNG
IMG_5487.PNG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 19726 times
IMG_5497.PNG
IMG_5497.PNG (877.07 KiB) Viewed 19726 times

nikkip
Social Butterfly

Post by nikkip »

Maybe I still can see the Chicago show after all!
We just returned from 4 shows in 5 days, will post more soon. This forum is a bit clunky to post on from my phone. Have some pictures and vids though :)

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

LittleTooClean wrote:
But....that will not stop me from sharing it to SA fans :D
I converted the file to a WMV file type and it's still is a large file, but all you now have to do is download the file and burn a DVD
https://www.sendspace.com/folder/alin3m

Thanks, man!

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

thank you so much littletooclean!!!!!!!! watching now : ) (FINALLY! third time is the charm! )

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

loved it. am being super dense again, or maybe cuz i watched in 2 parts so many days apart but where is this new 'supersonic' song? i saw somebody (jim?) mentioned it, but i think i missed it somehow? i definitely heard 'can't help it'. help your clueless friend out : ) : ) (i saw somebody say it was the same setlist as Minneapolis show but that had supersonic right after can't help it and i checked and don't see/hear it there on the video.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

zany wrote:loved it. am being super dense again, or maybe cuz i watched in 2 parts so many days apart but where is this new 'supersonic' song? i saw somebody (jim?) mentioned it, but i think i missed it somehow? i definitely heard 'can't help it'. help your clueless friend out : ) : ) (i saw somebody say it was the same setlist as Minneapolis show but that had supersonic right after can't help it and i checked and don't see/hear it there on the video.
No, Supersonic wasn't played, otherwise it was the exact same setlist. It's possible it was on the setlist but got cut short due to the Yahoo stream. I saw crew members signal to the Meat Puppets a couple times how much time they had left, so maybe Soul Asylum had a time limit as well.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

zany wrote:where is this new 'supersonic' song? I saw somebody say it was the same setlist as Minneapolis show but that had supersonic right after can't help it and i checked and don't see/hear it there on the video.
I think I had posted that comment you refer to. After posting that I realized that SuperSonic was not played in Chicago but was played in Minneapolis. Sorry to get your hopes up!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

irreverentsoul
Runaway

Soul Asylum Brings Black Gold To Hard Rock Rocksino !

Post by irreverentsoul »

http://www.examiner.com/article/soul-as ... k-rocksino

Northfield ,Ohio- The 90’s alternative megahit hit band ( can you still be called alternative if you have major radio hits ? ) Soul Asylum hit Ohio like the storms we are having and they pounded us like a force mejeure . They immediately launched into their first commercial hit “ Somebody to Shove” and didn’t let up for close to 90 minutes . This band has been on my bucket list for some time but thru time and circumstance I was never able to see them perform live and in person . I remember the first time I saw them on Saturday Night Live and said this band is amazing and they have been one of my favorites as well . The band has had personal changes over the years and like any company people come and people go but the music has remained . The founder , lead singer and guitarist Dave Pirner is still the leader and where he plays I will follow . The songs continued with numbers such as “ Shut Down “, “ Just Like Anyone “ and “ Misery “ . The sound was crisp and the lighting display was awe inspiring so I have to give proper recognition to the Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park for being a top notch venue . Some of my other favoritie songs of the night were “ Black Gold “ , the megahit “ Runaway Train “ and “ April Fool “ . The band consists of members Dave Pirner on vocals and guitar, Michael Bland on drums , Winston Rowe on bass guitar and Justin Sharbono on lead guitar . To see all that is current with Soul Asylum I recommend you visit the official website at http://www.soulasylum.com/ and I highly suggest you get to see this amazing band live .

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

EasyStreet wrote:
zany wrote:where is this new 'supersonic' song? I saw somebody say it was the same setlist as Minneapolis show but that had supersonic right after can't help it and i checked and don't see/hear it there on the video.
I think I had posted that comment you refer to. After posting that I realized that SuperSonic was not played in Chicago but was played in Minneapolis. Sorry to get your hopes up!
ok thanks !!