The DVD Project needs some help

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
JHamm
Lone Rider

The DVD Project needs some help

Post by JHamm »

I'm sure I recognize a few names here. Some of you may know me from The DVD Project - http://www.thedvdproject.net Anyway, I'm extremely busy nearly all of the time and am looking for some minor assistance. Hope that's okay. I did a B&P for Mike Kebhart of Rogers, MN a couple of months ago and he liked the DVDs so much that he's now selling copies on eBay. I'm looking for a few vigilant folks who can help bring this guy down and spread the word. I've got too many things on my plate to watch myself, so I'm hoping to get some help here.

Jesse

PS - I'm sorry if the mention of his name offends some people, but I'm pretty angry about the whole thing.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: The DVD Project needs some help

Post by philipgar »

JHamm wrote:I'm sure I recognize a few names here. Some of you may know me from The DVD Project - http://www.thedvdproject.net Anyway, I'm extremely busy nearly all of the time and am looking for some minor assistance. Hope that's okay. I did a B&P for Mike Kebhart of Rogers, MN a couple of months ago and he liked the DVDs so much that he's now selling copies on eBay. I'm looking for a few vigilant folks who can help bring this guy down and spread the word. I've got too many things on my plate to watch myself, so I'm hoping to get some help here.

Jesse

PS - I'm sorry if the mention of his name offends some people, but I'm pretty angry about the whole thing.
So, is this where we create fake ebay names and bid this thing up to thousands of dollars?

Phil

Miss Fitt 2
O'Jeezer

Post by Miss Fitt 2 »

Welcome to the forum, Jesse. First of all, thanks so much for your work on the DVD Project. Your videos are amazing and I've had so much fun watching them. I got a whole batch of them from you just about a year ago. They arrived just as I finished my first semester of graduate school and it was such a treat to watch them all!

What an scumbag move by this Mike guy. I'm happy to help.

-Judith
All that we are not stares back at what we are. - W. H. Auden

spinnin
Lone Rider

Post by spinnin »

What a dumba$$ thing to do. i sent him a message and he was not to pleasant. i hope he doesn't ruin it for the rest of us.

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

Bummer news Jesse!!

Report all ebay bootlegs here, and repeat as neccessary, even for the same auction! :)

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/bootlegs.html
(scroll down just a bit to Contact Customer Support and click on report)
Last edited by norma023 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

omfg, look at this guy! Report him !!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkebs1
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

JHamm
Lone Rider

Post by JHamm »

The thing is, I just did a B&P for that guy not even 2 months ago and he turns around and puts them on eBay. I've actually been thru a lot with the site. Some people in the music world aren't thrilled with the notion that I could be depriving a band of profits if they put out an official DVD. But I've always felt the opposite were true. It would create more interest in an official release.

I sent the guy a message myself and he didn't respond. All I can say is he can pat himself on the back the day I shut my site down. I'll give out his email address to everyone as goodbye gift.

sheryl
Social Butterfly

Post by sheryl »

JHamm wrote:The thing is, I just did a B&P for that guy not even 2 months ago and he turns around and puts them on eBay. I've actually been thru a lot with the site. Some people in the music world aren't thrilled with the notion that I could be depriving a band of profits if they put out an official DVD. But I've always felt the opposite were true. It would create more interest in an official release.

I sent the guy a message myself and he didn't respond. All I can say is he can pat himself on the back the day I shut my site down. I'll give out his email address to everyone as goodbye gift.
aw, don't let him make you do that.

he's a jerk, it is what it is.

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Post by philipgar »

JHamm wrote:The thing is, I just did a B&P for that guy not even 2 months ago and he turns around and puts them on eBay. I've actually been thru a lot with the site. Some people in the music world aren't thrilled with the notion that I could be depriving a band of profits if they put out an official DVD. But I've always felt the opposite were true. It would create more interest in an official release.

This guy really is a total prick. I sent him an ebay message along the lines of "Isn't selling bootleg videos immoral and also against ebay's TOS", to which I got the following reply: "Dear philipgar,

Isn't being a total pussy violate being a man? Get a life jerkoff.

- kebs1"

Jeez, if selling the shit wasn't enough, he has to go and start insulting people who call him on this. I guess this means war. If these aren't removed soon, I might have to start creating fake accounts soon and bid up these auctions to stick him with the ebay listing fees.

Phil

JHamm
Lone Rider

Post by JHamm »

If you think he insulted you, here's the response I got from him -

"Go f*ck yourself f*ggot.

kebs1"

Just thought I'd share that.