Soul Asylum/Jayhawks New Year's Eve Poster for Sale-Original

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
Serafina
Lone Rider

Soul Asylum/Jayhawks New Year's Eve Poster for Sale-Original

Post by Serafina »

I am selling my original framed Soul Asylum/Jayhawks poster from a New Year's Eve show way back when. It is framed and in perfect condition. It is of a stork carrying a woman blowing a horn. This is a really rare piece, especially as an original and would like to see it sold to a good home. I would like to see it sold to good home and a real fan!

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Re: Soul Asylum/Jayhawks New Year's Eve Poster for Sale-Orig

Post by Karlwerneth »

Nice poster you have. What year was that new years eve show? Were you at that show? And finally, how much for the poster? That would be nice when I set up a small studio room at my place. I could also frame a guitar magazene cover with Dan and Dave on it. That would be good for inspiration.

Serafina
Lone Rider

Post by Serafina »

The show was in 1998.
Last edited by Serafina on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karlwerneth
Caged Rat

Post by Karlwerneth »

$400 is a bit out of my range these days. If I come into some money and it's still available, maybe. Thanks for the post and reply.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

not to bust your sale really, but I bought one of these posters about 6-8 months ago for $15 bucks, in mint shape (from somoene who had it framed shortly after this concert).

Good luck on your sale though.
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

Serafina
Lone Rider

Post by Serafina »

Someone didn't know what they had or it is not original. I just got asking price for mine!
Last edited by Serafina on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

EasyStreet
O'Jeezer

Post by EasyStreet »

Serafina wrote:Someone didn't know what they had or it is not original. I just got asking price for mine!
they did and it was

Maybe they were just unaware of how much they could have gotten for it.

Congrats to you though!
Sometimes I wonder.....why is that Frisbee getting bigger? And then it hits me.

subset99
Lone Rider

Post by subset99 »

This is not related to the above-mentioned poster, but in regard to one I need to replace. I teach English at an alternative school and decided to put up posters of my favorite bands and musicians. I have posters of Miles Davis, BB King, and Ella Fitzgerald, to name a few, on my walls; but my favorite one is a tour poster of Dave and Dan onstage from the Let Your Dim Light Shine cd. It has Dave just going for broke onstage and jamming his heart out, while Dan is looking at him on the other side. It has a blank section at the bottom that reads, "Appearing at..."

This poster was not easy to find and is a faded blue color like the album cover. Long story short, one of my students decided to graffiti it and it is ruined. I have put these posters on countless walls in several schools over the years and never had a student mess w/ them, that is, until now. To say I was pissed is an understatement! I have since made amends w/ the guilty party and we are cool. He even offered to buy me a new Soul Asylum poster of my choice. But, alas, I am unable to find this poster anywhere. It is a poster that was released by Columbia for the album because it has its insignia at the bottom w/ the copyright of 1995.

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement? I'll pay whatever I need to in order to get it back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm still a little dumbstruck that it happened and the student did just offer to reimburse me for a poster I got off of eBay, which is a tour poster from 1995 w/ Soul Asylum, The Jayhawks, Victoria Williams, and Matthew Sweet. It was a really kind gesture, but it's just not the same. Ideas? Thanks in advance, everyone! (I figured if I had a snowball's chance in hell of tracking it down, it would be on this board)

Atticusdog
Runaway

Post by Atticusdog »

I have PM'D you

subset99
Lone Rider

Post by subset99 »

OK, so my new Soul Asylum poster from the above post arrived today and is in perfect condition. Major props to Dave (the other Dave) for hooking me up. I don't know if I could have found it without your help. You are truly the man!

Maybe I'll laminate or frame it this go round?!