An Open Letter To Soul Asylum

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

An Open Letter To Soul Asylum

Post by TravisSaves »

Dear Soul Asylum,
My name is Travis Johnides and I live on Long Island in the state of New York. I saw you guys last night at Webster Hall in New York City. It was the BEST performance I have EVER seen in my ENTIRE life.
I had the fortune of being in a band with some small success where in turn, I got to tour this beautiful country for 5 years straight. Over the course of touring, I got to see and play with some incredible bands. Through these journeys, Soul Asylum always remained my favorite band (wow, time goes fast- you guys have been my favorite band for 15 years now!). Anyways, after being blessed with the opportunity to see and play with thousands of bands live, no band has ever come close to being as amazing as you guys are.
So, getting back to last night....I have seen you guys live atleast a dozen times in my lifetime. But last night was the best Soul Asylum show I have ever been to and the best concert I have ever been to. You guys write amazing songs, you guys are amazing musicians, and you guys ALWAYS put on amazing performances. I almost fainted from excitement when you started playing Easy Street- I have never heard that song live! You guys are exactly what every band wishes they were- a band full of talent, a band who loves what they do, and a band that has stood the test of time. (If any of you guys are reading this- I would LOVE for you to hear some material I have been working on! You can email me at: travis.johnides@gmail.com Thanks!)
I hope and pray you guys continue to play for a very long time, because I promise to continue to stay a fan for a very long time. I am even designing my first Soul Asylum tattoo as we speak!
Once again, you guys were amazing last night. It was the best performance I have ever seen in my entire life, and thank you so much for being the band you are! You are truely special to all of us!
Sincerely,
Travis Johnides