Soul Asylum on 'Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia'!

Discuss any aspect of Soul Asylum, their music, and the band's members.
TravisSaves
Social Butterfly

Soul Asylum on 'Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia'!

Post by TravisSaves »

Tonight I watched the TV show 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' for the first time.
On the episode, the main characters were on a road trip. They made a detour to buy food etc and the lead female character comes back to the car and explains how she just bought a Soul Asylum cassette!
They then cut to her in the car singing along to 'Runaway Train'.
Pretty awesome in my opinion!

- Travis

Homesick
Warden

Re: Soul Asylum on 'Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia'!

Post by Homesick »

That is awesome, but I can't get over the fact that they bought a cassette!
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

My first cassette tape was "Grave Dancers Union" when I was 11 years old. I didn't have my own CD player yet so I had no choice but to buy a cassette. I'm old.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Closer wrote:My first cassette tape was "Grave Dancers Union" when I was 11 years old. I didn't have my own CD player yet so I had no choice but to buy a cassette. I'm old.
Did you buy that one because you already knew of Soul Asylum and liked them, or was it a lucky fluke that lead to you to discover how great they are?

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Homesick wrote:
Closer wrote:My first cassette tape was "Grave Dancers Union" when I was 11 years old. I didn't have my own CD player yet so I had no choice but to buy a cassette. I'm old.
Did you buy that one because you already knew of Soul Asylum and liked them, or was it a lucky fluke that lead to you to discover how great they are?
I had just started getting into rock music in 1993 and all my peers were into GnR, Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and I was too, but then Runaway Train and Somebody To Shove started becoming MTV hits and I wanted a band for myself, so I checked them out and that was probably one of the best decisions of my young life.

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Looks like somebody else picked up on the Soul Asylum reference as well: "'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia': The gang hits the road"
Speaking of pee jars, the scene where Dee is singing along to Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train" playing on a cassette tape that she bartered for at the Italian Market was so hysterical, I almost needed a jar myself.

Dave4Prez
Caged Rat

Post by Dave4Prez »

TravisSaves wrote:Tonight I watched the TV show 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' for the first time.
On the episode, the main characters were on a road trip. They made a detour to buy food etc and the lead female character comes back to the car and explains how she just bought a Soul Asylum cassette!
They then cut to her in the car singing along to 'Runaway Train'.
Pretty awesome in my opinion!

- Travis
Totally awesome but I find it so unfortunate that so many people think this is their only song!

chenchx7
Brand New Shine

Post by chenchx7 »

I have seen that episode. And some time I listen Soul Asylum on internet. And enjoy it.

How I Met Your Mother Episodes , Download Weeds Episodes Free