2008 announced Tour Dates

Talk about the latest gigs, publish your show reports, and reminisce about past performances.
zany
Social Butterfly

Re: 2008 announced Tour Dates

Post by zany »

Twiddly Dee wrote: But can you ever really see them enough! I am totally jonesing to go..sorry its so catchy! Well hopefully it will all work out where you can see them while you are there! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Rusty
thanks for the optimism. my husband says i'm insane and he's worried about me. i told him i'm a grown up and can drive across florida safely, but no it's not that- he said he was worried that i'm getting too obsessive.
uh oh it's all this website's fault!!! just kidding i was getting this way for a couple weeks before i found the site... it's all the concert's fault i guess.

i'll just wait and see if i end up being sent down there that week before i decide about going to the concert alone. ... so i won't think about it until it's possible. (although i've already concocted a new plan where i don't go the extra 2 hours to see my grandmas for an hour, and just fly home from orlando. - see - obsessive)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I'm sure you are not the first one here who's been accused of being obsessive. Many times at school I had to explain why I was seeing "that band" again and I had to tell people that no, the same songs are not always played so no two concerts are alike. I've also done the road trip with someone I never met before in person (similar to what the ladies mentioned in the St. Louis thread) and ended up with a new friend.

When I was going to school in Iowa, I had the opportunity to see SA usually several times a year, especially if the show was on a Friday or weekend in Minneapolis/St. Paul or the Chicago area. Now that I'm in NY, I miss these opportunities terribly. It is sometimes painful to read the accounts of the Mpls shows, knowing that I'm not there with my friends enjoying the shows. The band has been within a few hours of where I live a few times, but not on a weekend. Having a Real Job provides the funds to go to shows, but not the time. :(

I know I've seen the band many times (and I hope all of you someday get a chance to go if you haven't!), but I still miss going to shows and hanging out with my friends. It was a big part of my life for about 10 years and I hope I won't have to give it up.

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

ok well i've come up with another level of my obsessive 'plan'

today at work i made a test coverage schedule (coworker and i are alternating weeks) so i will be down in FL the week before the concert according to the schedule.

then tonight i remembered my husband has a good friend that lives within an hour of orlando in the other direction so i was thinking maybe him and/or his wife would be interested in meeting me at the show so i wouldn't have to go alone...

so i just mentioned my idea to my husband and he just looked at me and didn't reply... :)

it's a long shot that the friend would be interested in going... all i know about him musically is he likes the band staind. but i think it's worth asking at least. i will probably chicken out if i have to go alone. ooh and if they go i can probably sleep over their house that night and then fly out of orlando the next morning... i dont' think i can charge my company for a hotel that night unfortunately.

i still don't get where the show is exactly though. anybody on here going?

pathorses
O'Jeezer

Post by pathorses »

Does anybody actually know anything about this show??? I really don't think I can make it but it would be something to think about if we knew some of the details.........

You should go, you won't be alone when you get there! There are always a few of us "hard-core" fans that show up so go for it!!

Pat

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

zany wrote: so i just mentioned my idea to my husband and he just looked at me and didn't reply... :)

OHHhhh I know that look! He really gave it to me when I talked to him about me and Laura wanting to go together to the St. Louis show! But its all good now, I have reassured him that I am a BIG girl and can take care of myself! LOL
Don't want to be bored no more..
I know theres so much more

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

no this show seems very weird - not sure where exactly it is even.
that guitartown website doesn't mention it at all. i saw the show is listed on the bands myspace site however...

i guess i'm not really that shy about meeting new people, but we'll see.

Twiddley Dee i would have gotten the same look if i told him i was carpooling w/ a stranger to a concert too... actually yeah he'd probably be more freaked abotu that than me going alone to a concert.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Yeah when I told him I wanted to go to the show..he gave that OMG you are totally obsessed look..I just smiled. :mrgreen: maybe just alittle ;) . He's like haven't you seen them enough this year...Uhh No I haven't ok...its never enough! He just laughed at me. He's like you would totally leave me for Dave wouldn't you! hahaha

When I told him about carpooling, he was very skeptical about it, and with my friends its been about 50/50. So are like they wouldn't do it, and the others are like totally go for it ( those are the ones who have met people online before and have met some their greatest friends that way.) And I know that if me or Laura got a bad vibe about one another that we would call it off, but Im pretty sure that wont be the case.

Laura what kind of reactions you getting?

zany
Social Butterfly

Post by zany »

i'm assuming you 2 have been on this forum longer than my 2 weeks so at least you sorta know eachother somewhat from that sense. and it's not like either of you were seeking the other out in a creepy way - somebody else recommended the carpool sorta... maybe you could meet up for coffee ahead of time w/ your husbands or something.

i would meet up with somebody from here/online at the orlando concert if anybody else was going, since it's a public place.

my only internet-meeting-people experience was from cruisecritic.com i was on that site a lot planning our cruise and the roll call forum people organized a meet and greet for the first day, and i made my husband go to it and he thought i was insane (are we seeing the trend here?!) but it was ok. we all had a drink together then went our own ways and waved if we ran into them on the ship here or there. no big deal.

Twiddly Dee
Social Butterfly

Post by Twiddly Dee »

Yeah we will figure out something. Really I am just ready to go and have a great time! Can't wait to see the band!

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

When I went on a road trip with someone I knew online but hadn't met in person yet, my parents were initially concerned. However both myself and my online friend had mutual friends we'd met at SA shows, and those mutual friends didn't say anything that raised red flags, so we figured we were safe.

I think all the other times I met my internet friends for the first time, it was in public, like at a show or at a school.