Looking for your avatar?

Suggest features, report bugs, and discuss matters related to the website and the forum.
Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Re: Looking for your avatar?

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Not sure if it was annoying you guys as much as me, but I made the radioactive symbol in the header go to the site's home page instead of linking back to the forum.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

I appreciate it. :)

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Actually, tonight I found that the chat logged me out after a few minutes. I'm using a tabbed browser--does looking at another tab count as migrating away?

Also, I've noticed sometimes I have trouble posting here. If I get logged out, sometimes I have to login, log out, and log back in before the post will submit. :(

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

I still haven't run into any problems with the chat Sarah even migrating or looking at another tab; anyone else who uses it regularly have the same problems? I haven't used it in probably 6 months.

As far as getting logged out of the forum I might have to change the logout time longer (it probably was reset to the default during the forum update). The only times I have ever been logged out were when I would type a super long message. I usually tried to save them to the draft folder on here or the clipboard (and/or in notepad) if I knew they were gonna be long. Though many times I forgot and many paragraphs and thoughts I had to say were lost when I went to submit it. :cry:

Update: The default logout time was 1 hour, I set it to 2 hours (which is what I think I set it to at the other forum); is that long enough?

Update 2: The more I think about it maybe the logout of the chat just might have to do with forum logout since you do need to be logged into the forum to use it... but the weird thing is you shouldn't need to have a tab open for the forum to use it (cause I did let it sit idle all night long last week with no problem)... strange :?:
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Thanks for checking, Jim.