(solo) Gary Louris tour Spring 2008

Discuss Golden Smog, The Volunteers, The O'Jeez, and any other bands related to Soul Asylum.
norma023
O'Jeezer

(solo) Gary Louris tour Spring 2008

Post by norma023 »

For any Jayhawks et all related fans, Mr Louris has a solo cd coming out on Feb 19th 2008 called "Vagabonds". Some sound samples can be found on his myspace page

Anyway, tour dates are starting to be announced, here is where you can keep up to date on them.

Supposedly, the first leg should be 3-4 weeks and that there's an outside chance of a SxSW appearance.

Now if this will be an actual "solo" tour, or with a backing band is not known at the time. But that shouldn't matter any.

Hope to see some of you on the road!

:D
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

philipgar
O'Jeezer

Re: (solo) Gary Louris tour Spring 2008

Post by philipgar »

norma023 wrote:For any Jayhawks et all related fans, Mr Louris has a solo cd coming out on Feb 19th 2008 called "Vagabonds". Some sound samples can be found on his myspace page

Anyway, tour dates are starting to be announced, here is where you can keep up to date on them.

Supposedly, the first leg should be 3-4 weeks and that there's an outside chance of a SxSW appearance.

Now if this will be an actual "solo" tour, or with a backing band is not known at the time. But that shouldn't matter any.

Hope to see some of you on the road!

:D
I'm definitely looking forward to the Madison show in march! I always love when I can walk to a show. I can't remember for sure, but wasn't there talk of Marc and Janey opening for one of these upcoming tours? I can't really remember for sure.

It's always good to see the ex-hawks making albums. We may not have another full band CD, but I think I'm pretty happy with Mark's last CD, Tims CD is excellent, and am definitely looking forward to Gary's. Of course if marc and janey do one that would be even cooler.

I just hope 08 is as good a year for music as 07 was.

Phil

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Agreed. Even better for me, Gary's cd comes out shortly after my birthday. I know what I'll be spending birthday money on. :)

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

tickets go on sale this Friday for the Gary Louris solo show on March 25th in Minneapolis

http://www.hennepintheatredistrict.org/ ... RYLOURIS08

FYI -

Gary Louris "in-store" performance is announced for Feb 23rd at the Electric Fetus
When I die I won't own crap, but my kids will have a hell of a music collection to fight over

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

You can get pre-sale tickets from 10am-10pm Thursday with the password VAGABONDS
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

the Cities 97 presale pw is JAYHAWK

the password you mention is the one for the Hennepin Theater District presale
clammers wrote:You can get pre-sale tickets from 10am-10pm Thursday with the password VAGABONDS

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Yeah it is...sorry about that...didn't realize there was gonna be more than one pre-sale offer.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

norma023
O'Jeezer

Post by norma023 »

yeah 3 of them!

Who woulda thunk?!?

:P