Song versus song

Talk about movies, cars, food, or anything else that catches your fancy.
mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Jim, I think Lucky One is heard after Holden and Alyssa finally get together, it may be during a montage or something. I know it's very brief and it's an instrumental part.

I was never able to detect Miss This in Twister.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Favorite first single released by the 4 record labels?

That's kind of a hard one...

Somebody To Shove is what got me into the band and I really like Stand Up And Be Strong (Legacy is kinda technically Columbia), but I guess lately I'd have to pick Sometime To Return...it's just one of those songs that is so great live.
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Monolith Maniac wrote:
mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I never thought Marionette was that different, and I also thought Everybody Loves a Winner was a cover.
Also, anyone know where Miss This is in Twister? I think it's another small part.
You can hear Miss This when they are on that bridge after those twin tornados made those cows fly through the air and the other guys arrive with the car.

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

mystic_spiral_3 wrote:I never thought Marionette was that different, and I also thought Everybody Loves a Winner was a cover.
closer wrote:You can hear Miss This when they are on that bridge after those twin tornados made those cows fly through the air and the other guys arrive with the car.
Thanks. I'll keep an eye (or ear) out for them next time I watch the movies.
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Homesick
Warden

Post by Homesick »

Since Clammers forgot to put down a question of his own, I'll just ask one instead.

Angriest song:

99%, Take It To the Root, Ode, Draggin' Me Down, or Sick of That Song?
Jakob Kallin, webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

Closer
Social Butterfly

Post by Closer »

Homesick wrote:Since Clammers forgot to put down a question of his own, I'll just ask one instead.

Angriest song:

99%, Take It To the Root, Ode, Draggin' Me Down, or Sick of That Song?
Sick of that Song, because of the music and lyrics.

Best (kinda) folk/country song:

Twiddly Dee, Runaway Train, To My Own Devices, I Did My Best, or Fearless Leader.

clammers
Social Butterfly

Post by clammers »

Well...if we're going for folk, you gotta pick Fearless Leader because of the political theme...otherwise, the best of those I'd say is I Did My Best.

OK...new question...I didn't forget last time, just didn't think of one at the time.

Best one word title song...

Stranger, Cartoon, Misery, Bittersweetheart, Lately, or Oxygen (and yes I know there are more)
"...and who is the hound at the downtown dog pound who speaks english when the watchman's not in sight?"

Monolith Maniac
The Judge

Post by Monolith Maniac »

Answering these questions seem to be getting harder and harder. I'd probably have to go with Cartoon probably because the posted choices have been played live frequently. Out of those, I look forward to hearing Cartoon the most (though I like when Dave shakes his hips throughout Bittersweetheart). :D

Next question; Favorite song starting with "No":

No Man's Land
No Time For Waiting
Nothing To Write Home About
Nowhere To Go
Jim Metz, Webmaster of EnterTheSoulAsylum.com

no1rockfan
O'Jeezer

Post by no1rockfan »

Nothing to Write Home About

This song has nice rhyming patterns and seems heartfelt. I feel that anyone can relate to it. Life is something to learn through experience and not advice.

What's your favorite Soul Asylum cover?

Silly Love Songs
Sexual Healing
Summer of Drugs
Rhinestone Cowboy

mystic_spiral_3
O'Jeezer

Post by mystic_spiral_3 »

Rhinestone Cowboy is the one I find most entertaining. I like how Dave hams it up onstage. Also, my mom says he sounds like he's on Broadway when he sings that.

Favorite Track # 3, since in my opinion there are alot of good songs at slot #3.

Sometime to Return, Can't Go Back, RT, No Man's Land, Veil of Tears, Close, or Crazy Mixed Up World

Or name one that I didn't list...the ones I listed are my favorites.